Here are some red flags to look out for as a signal that your mindset is in the wrong place.
- Do your clients say your prices are higher than they were “expecting?”
- Do you find yourself falling into the “jack of all trades” category?
- When you get a lead or a referral are they just looking for a small, little project?
- Are most of your projects quick, one-and-done style projects?
- Are you having a hard time figuring out how to describe yourself and what you do (on your website or in person) because it ends up sounding like a technical resume?
If this is sounding familiar, the problem probably traces back to your mindset. Once you change the way you think about yourself, you will change the way you present your business and talk about yourself. That will change the clients you attract and the value of the projects you accept.
The key is shifting away from thinking of yourself as a technical resource and start viewing yourself as a business consultant who also has the ability to technically implement the solutions you offer. Ultimately you need to make the shift away from technical implementation and towards results-oriented consulting.
If these are the types of things you've been thinking about lately because you are ready to set yourself apart from all the competition and downward price pressure then this session is absolutely for you!