When you meet with your clients, are you having a “discovery session” where you're asking questions like:
- What types of clients are you trying to attract?
- Who is your ideal client?
- How do you want to be perceived in the market?
- What are some websites you like?
- What's your budget?
If this sounds familiar, or if you are describing your business on your website by saying that the first thing you will do is have an in-depth “discovery session” to find out what your client wants, it is going to be very hard to charge high-ticket rates for your work.
Right now you are going to get clarity on these questions:
- Why do most web designers structure their client meetings like this if it doesn't work?
- What's wrong with this approach?
- Why is it hard to win high-value clients like this?
Then we're going to go through the 5 game ending problems caused by this outdated meeting structure.